Sunday, December 2, 2012

Welcome to Harry Potter's World


Hey folks,

not a lot of text for you to read today, you can thank my upcoming trip to Istanbul (leaving next Wednesday [5/12/12]) and the doom of my two tests, two essays and one presentation I will have to deal with right after I come back to Canterbury at December 11. Let's just say I've had a wonderful time touring the Harry Potter Studios on Friday together with Daniella, who is just as big of fan as me. Oh, and please never ever try Butterbeer, it's absolutely disgusting!

Lots of love from Canterbury,

Franzi


The cupboard under the stairs

The Great Hall


Flitwick, Mad-Eye & Trelawney

McGonnagall, Dumbledore, Snape & Hagrid

Gryffindor - including Daniel Radcliffe's costume from the first film (left) and Neville's ugly jumper (second from the right)
Gryffindor's winning the House Cup!


Harry's, Hermione's, Viktor's and Cho's clothes for the Yule Ball...

...and Ron's ugly robes.

Me in front of the gates

Gilderoy Lockart's, Fleur Delacour's and some of Harry's clothes

The boy's dormitory - Neville's bed's on the far left, then Dean's (including a West Ham comforter) and then Harry's.

and this is Ron's bed, I immediately recognized the ugly blanket, haha.

All the wands
Daniella in the mirror Erised

The Fat Lady

Harry's & Ron's christmas jumpers from the first movie, handmade by Mrs. Weasley of course.

The stairs in the Gryffindors' common room leading to the boys' dormitories

Gryffindor common room with Hermione, Harry & Ron

The fireplace Harry used to talk to Sirius.

The Invisibility Cloak

The Order of the Phoenix (or at least parts)

Daniella's ready to go up to Dumbledore's office

The Sword of Gryffindor

Dumbledore's office

The Pensive

Props from the Triwizard Tournament

All the important props - the Philosopher's Stone, Hermione's time turner and the Deluminator, just to name a few.
Horcruxes



...and this is how you ride a broomstick!

Some Quidditch attire

Yuck, Umbridge's office

Some more pink evilness

The Ministry of Magic

Fenrir Greyback, Bellatrix Lestrange, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, Lucius, Draco and Narzissa Malfoy
Magic Is Might



 Okay so I have no idea how to edit a video and I'm a terribly bad camerawomen so please excuse this but I really wanted to show you all the moving appliances in the burrow, I mean, how cool is this?


Hagrid's hut (and Fang)

The vault door at Gringott's

The entrance to the Chamber of Secrets

Really cool set for the potions classes

Snape's ready to torture you in class

Professor Slughorn

Trying the Butterbeer

I may smile but it was really gross, way too sweet

Tom Riddle's grave

Knocking at the Dursleys' door
The Potter's house in Godric's Hollow

Adorable Daniella on Hogwarts Bridge with the Knight Bus in the background


Having fun in the old Ford Anglia

Riding Sirius/Hagrid's motorcycle

Chess pieces from the first film

Some puppets - there's Nearly Headless Nick!

Goblins

Fenrir Greyback and Fawkes





'I have never felt short before.'

A thestral and the Hungarian Horntail

Dementors


Creepy 'baby' Voldemort

Grawp
The werewolf



The Hungarian Horntail

Buckbeat
Please ignore the random people - and welcome to Diagon Alley!

Diagon Alley #1






There were tons of beautiful paintings but I liked this one the most.







The atmosphere in this room was so beautiful, I wanted to share it with you. Let's just say it brought back a lot of memories and I was actually touched. Stupid film people, they know how to get to you!
Inside of Ollivander's



The gift shop


My purchases which made incredibly happy - it's Hermiones wand :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I have found you through the Lauren Conrad website, and I love your blog. Would you like to follow each other. Just leave a comment to let me know.
    My Fashion blog: I'm A Love Addict
    ENTER>>>Dress and make-up goodies Giveaway<<<

    ReplyDelete